Saturday, September 28, 2013

9 years of bliss

In August, David and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary.

There are lots of great things I could say about David. And our marriage.

As the very over-used cliché goes, David makes me a better person. And I mean it. David is the most kindest, genuine guy, who was early on dubbed the eternal optimist. And because of his influence in my life, I'm more patient, compassionate, easy-going, adaptable, and I'm able to hold my tongue easier.

I was telling him all of this earlier in the summer - how he's changed me, helped me grow as a person, etc. So I asked him what sort of ways I've influenced his life, if he's changed at all being married to me. He naturally gave a good, but very general answer, telling me that of course I've been a good influence in his life and he was sure he'd changed too. But he couldn't give any specifics.

Not too long before our 9th anniversary, David got together with an old acquaintance of ours while I chased the kids around. We were driving home and David chatted the whole way, recapping the entire conversation down to every little "um and you know". Finally he stopped and said "this is how you've changed me! Now I talk your ear off because I need to share every single detail with you!"

First I thought, awesome, I'm a better person because of our marriage, but the only way I've changed him is that he now TALKS more??

Later I realized, awesome, I've changed him to TALK more! Because we truly share all details with each other.

And that's why we'll be BFFs for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment