'Tis the season for busyness, lack of sleep, gift-making, house-decorating, crafts with kids...and no time for blogging.
So I'm getting caught up. Bear with me, those that like to follow my life.
Waaaay back in November, Adele celebrated her 4th birthday. I can hardly believe we have had Adele in our lives for more than 4 years now. I know each stage of life has its own challenges (midnight feedings, temper tantrums, etc.), but each stage has also proven to be the best yet. So far, I wouldn't want Adele to be any other age but 4. :) She is sweet, smart, loving, caring, and really funny.
Conveniently enough, my parents had planned a trip to Oklahoma the same weekend as her birthday, since OU was playing Iowa State University that very same day. They came a few days early and even brought my Uncle Mark to join in on the fun. We were able to get out and do a little walking, enjoyed being up in Oklahoma City, and naturally, be entertained by the kids.
Saturday, November 16th, was the big day full of activity. Adele woke up to birthday donuts, balloons, and presents, and then shortly after, David and I left with Uncle Mark and my dad to go to the game. My mom graciously stayed at home with the kids, and we arrived home not long before Adele's friends showed up at the house.
This was Adele's first "friend" birthday party, and she absolutely loved hearing the doorbell ring and running to see who was coming to our house. We were thankful for fairly nice weather, so the kids could play outside. Adele had so much fun welcoming people here!

Pretty much right after Adele's birthday, we did more activities to be intentional about Thanksgiving coming up. Adele loves to sit at the table and do all things related to school or crafts, so we did some worksheets that traced Thanksgiving words, colored pumpkins and turkeys, made turkeys out of her hand, and came up with our own "thankful tree".
We did this activity as we were getting lunch ready, so naturally Adele was thankful for things like Pirate Booty and Chicken nuggets. :) And I tried to get the "leaves" to be more on the top of the tree, but my particular daughter wanted them covering the entire tree, trunk and all.
And though the busyness continues, I am thankful. For the chance to BE busy. With a happy, healthy family, who keeps me on my toes and causes me to lose sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment