When we've had snow, Adele asks to get "all bungled up to go outside and play."
Adele had her first ice skating experience while we were in Spokane after Christmas. We were semi-watching the couples ice skating during the Olympics and so I asked Adele if she wanted to do that someday. She confidently responded "yep! All I need is a boy!"
Sometimes at night Adele has trouble falling asleep because she wants us to stay in with her. We are trying to teach her to remember that God is always with her in order to comfort her. The other night she was wrestling with that difficult concept and told me, "but mommy I tried to give God a toy last night and he wouldn't take it!"
Recently Adele and I were looking at a pre-k program. We looked at the classroom and I asked a lot of questions about the pre-k options around town and how to go about registering. When we left, I asked Adele, "do you want to go to this school?" And she responded, "I don't think so..." So I surprisingly asked my daughter (who is very excited for school) why not, and she said "I just think we should check out all of our options."
A few days ago we had a nicer day and the kids and I were playing in the backyard. As we were kicking around a soccer ball, I was complimenting Adele on her skills. She simply replied, "Yeah, I'm really good at soccer because I'm Costa Rican!"
And finally, here is my funny boy:
Brushing his teeth in high heels and a crown. A daily occurrence.
Cook kid with the cool glasses.
Loves to be like big sister - from the crown down to the heels!


Dad's a fun guy, but Henry's a hoot. And I miss having tea time with Adele. Love you guys
ReplyDelete