Friday, October 17, 2014

Couldn't resist...

I know I recently posted some cute saying around our house, but I just couldn't help but post another one today.

Here are some funny/cute Adele-isms:

-Recently Adele was perusing a magazine and found a pumpkin all cut and ready for Halloween. She asked if we could carve a pumpkin just like that and I told her to ask her daddy because he is the pumpkin master. She replied, "But...I thought he was the bird expert!"

-We are beginning to see that maybe Adele is getting too used to Oklahoma hot weather. The first time it was only 61 degrees outside she said to me sadly, "I don't think we're going to be able to play outside for recess today. It's too cold...must be already winter."

-Earlier this week it was fire safety day at school. Adele explained to me how you call 911 for emergencies, but call the regular fire department number for a fire alarm that doesn't work. She asked me what the regular number was, and I said I didn't know. So she asked, "Did you learn fire safety in school?" and I said yes I had, so she followed up by saying, "Bet you weren't paying attention when they gave the regular number, were you?"

-This week we dropped David off at school/work and Adele started talking about how she missed him already. I said I did too, but sometimes we need to go off and do things and then come home and hang out as a family. I told her that even though we knew she was loving school and having a great time, we missed her when she was gone. She thought about that for a second and said, "Yeah...I forget to miss you when I'm at school..."

And a cute Henry moment:

-Both kids have skeleton clothing - Adele a shirt, and Henry pajamas. They both put them on and were going to wear them to bed. They loved them, played in them...and then found out they glowed in the dark. Henry was a little afraid of that, and when it was time to go to bed he told me he had to take off his skeleton pajamas, saying "I don't want to see my bones!"


1 comment: