Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pretend Play

I have such a love-hate relationship with pretend play.

I absolutely LOVE it because my kids have been doing such a good job playing together. For long periods of time.

Adele and Henry play hairstylists and turn the living room into a barber shop.


They play dress-up, and take turns going through all of the princess dresses (yes, even Henry) and act out movies. Frozen is an obvious favorite.


They "camp out" and turn their room into the forest and set up beds and roast s'mores.

They play "store" where Adele runs a store from their room and pulls out all sorts of things she wants us to come in and buy (secretly I think this is her way of making money, as she requires actual pocket change for her stuff).

They play pirates and take turns who gets to be Jake, or Peter Pan, or Wendy...I usually get asked to fill in as Captain Hook. :)


Pretend play is great.

And yet, I absolutely do NOT love it because there is no way ever, ever, EVER to keep a clean house.

"Cleaning with kids in the house is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos."

Ahh, these are the good ol' days.

1 comment:

  1. Your are a great Mom! Kids will remember all the pretend play...they won't remember if the house was clean or not!

    ReplyDelete