Yep, I have a chunky, fat little baby boy.
Henry is already stretching out his 0-3 month onesies. I never had that problem with Adele - she stayed true to her size according to her age. Much easier that way; on her 3 month birthday I switched out her whole wardrobe. Same with 6 months. Same with 1 year. But with my little chunker, I'm already thinking I'm going to have to bust out some 3-6 month clothes before he is 2 months old!
Henry loves to eat. He can easily eat every 2-3 hours and chow down. Sometimes he begs to eat every hour and STILL eats a ton.
Adele and Henry are very different. So far, Henry is a pretty good sleeper. And pretty mild mannered. And doesn't mind being in a wet/dirty diaper (I'm most appreciative of this at night). Adele was/is my daughter, and I'm hoping Henry is David's son.
Sometimes I don't think I'm cut out to be a newborn mom. I think I prefer the age that the kid can entertain him/herself and communicate what's wrong. I had almost forgotten how difficult it is to keep my goals of getting stuff done during the day with a newborn. If he wants to be held, I have a harder time cooking dinner. Or cleaning the house. Or anything else I want to do EVER. I had gotten used to Adele, and how I can get her to play or watch something while I work through my to-do list for the day.
Yep, a newborn changes things.
Sometimes I find myself with the feeling that I just can't wait until he smiles...or laughs...or sits up...or crawls...or walks...or talks...and then I realize that one month has passed by so quickly already, and my tiny newborn son has changed so much since he was born. I'm trying to treasure his tiny-ness and the goofy faces he makes while sleeping and how he fits so nicely in my arms and on my lap.
Newborns are special. I don't think I realized it with Adele as much as with Henry. Probably the shock of trying to operate on little sleep got the best of me, and the newborn and baby stages passed with the blink of an eye (which seemed as long as my naps were). This time around, I'm trying to be intentional about enjoying Henry and this tiny (or chunky) stage, while still giving some good attention to Adele (she's hard to ignore - she is 2 1/2).
I'm trying not to be bothered if Henry is fussy for no apparent reason and not wish that he could tell me what is wrong. I'm trying not to be frustrated with Henry being congested, keeping him from sleeping late night/early morning - consequently causing me to not sleep. Because the fact is, Henry is (was) small for only a little while. And there's something very special about newborns.
Happy one month, Henry.
No comments:
Post a Comment