He is now 8 months old. And on the move.
Months ago, I blogged about how I was looking forward to Henry crawling, because I thought he would enjoy being more independent and overall be happier. He's always been a very content, happy baby...but he seemed anxious to crawl.
Many people told me that I shouldn't look forward to having a mobile baby because it would complicate things. But I disagreed. The crawling I was looking forward to the independence and happiness. And as I anticipated, I enjoyed the crawling just as much as Henry did.
What I didn't anticipate was that within 2 weeks of crawling, he would start pulling himself up on everything.
Thankfully, Henry deals with injury well. He crawls smack into walls, pulls himself up and falls on the ground, crawls over something and falls on the other side...and hardly cries. Or if he does cry, he gets over things quickly.
Henry also loves people. He is an extremely social baby, and doesn't show much (if any) shyness at all. If you give him attention, he will want to be around you.
It also appears that Henry is trying to speak. His "ma-ma-ma-ma" sounds show up when he's cranky, and his "da-da-da-da" sounds show up when David is around and he is playing. And to get your attention, he most definitely says a version of "hey" until you look at him.
Henry has recently started clapping a lot too, and gets excited about finally making the clapping noise with his hands. He especially likes it when he hears someone say "yaaaay!" and then he looks up, smiles, and claps.
And finally, Henry is still a good eater. He thinks he's more grown up than he is and doesn't like to eat his baby foods with a baby spoon. So if I disguise it with a big regular spoon, he'll eat it then. But he likes to feed himself and will truly eat anything. On Thanksgiving, he ate a meal of turkey, potatoes, jello, cheese, and rolls.

No comments:
Post a Comment