Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas movies

I love the Christmas season. Leading up to the actual day, I truly enjoy the music, the lights, the decorations, the food, and the movies.

It has been particularly fun this year to get Adele into the holiday spirit and bombard her with Christmas songs and movies. She makes me both laugh - when she giggles at a song said root-toot-tooting in it because the song said "toot", and cry (or at least tear up) - with rendition of the song "Small One". Youtube this sweet little old Christmas movie and try not to cry. And then imagine Adele softly singing the song and good luck holding back tears!

So 'tis the season for Christmas games, right?

I've come up with some notable quotes from some classic (and some of my all-time favorite) Christmas movies. Good luck coming up with the movies. They are listed at the end if you get stuck.  :)


-Francisco! That's fun to say! Francisco.. Franciscooooo...

-I believe...I believe...It's silly, but I believe.

-I'm gonna give you to the count of 10, to get your ugly, yella, no-good keister off my property, before I pump your guts full of lead.

-HEY! HEY! Unto you a child is born!

-Are you afraid of staircases? If you are, then you have climacaphobia. Maybe you have thalassophobia. This is fear of the ocean, or gephyrobia, which is the fear of crossing bridges. Or maybe you have pantophobia. Do you think you have pantophobia?

-I lost mine.

-We evil magicians have to make a living too!

-Hey, what do you say we both be independent together, huh?

-Ohhh, ohh, oh, Scotch pine delicious, but Douglas fir give me heartburn. Burp! Excuse me, ohhh, oh!

-I need a gentle donkey to carry my wife to Bethlehem

-That's right. That's right. Attaboy Clarence!

-She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule, they go back. I don't know.

-Thank you. That will be nice. Yes is being my answer. Easy question.

-Well um, you realize if you give money to the poor they won't be poor anymore, will they? And if they're not poor anymore, then you won't have to raise money for them anymore. And if you don't have to raise money for them anymore, then you'd be out of a job. Oh please, gentlemen, don't ask me to put you out of a job. Not on Christmas Eve.

-There's children throwing snowballs / instead of throwing heads / they're busy building toys / and absolutely no one's dead!

-Mother always taught me: "Never eat singing food."

-Listen, Lucy, when I told my mother I was getting married to my wife, her intestines exploded. You tell them the truth now, you may as well shoot grandma.

-In the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.

-You ought to be horsewhipped. First you, and then you, and then you again.

-The thing about trains...it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on.

-I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious of that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed.

-If I can't find a reindeer, I'll make one instead!

-My, those are your hands? Those are your hands! What happened to you? Where are your parents? Um...your mother? Your father?

-All right, you guys, just permit me one sentimental moment here, will you? I have something to say. Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving. There, I said it. Now get outta here.


ANSWERS:
Elf
Miracle on 34th Street
Home Alone
Best Christmas Pageant Ever
Charlie Brown's Christmas
Claymation Christmas: Carol of the Bells (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMALk-i3TA8) watch this over and over and you may laugh more every time!
Frosty the Snowman
Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer
Sesame Street Christmas
Small One
It's a Wonderful Life
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Love Actually
Mickey's Christmas Carol
Nightmare Before Christmas
Muppets Christmas Carol
While You Were Sleeping
The Holiday
White Christmas
Polar Express
A Christmas Story
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Edward Scissorhands
Garfield Christmas Special

No comments:

Post a Comment