Saturday, September 20, 2014

The ones that make me smile

It's now been over 4 months since I've written in this blog. Each time I've sat down to write, I've gotten overwhelmed at the idea of starting up again - I mean, where do I start?

Maybe later I'll touch on some of the important aspects of the past 4 months. But for today, here are some funny things heard around the Hille House as of late:

-Adele started Pre-K earlier this fall, which has brought lots of funny moments. We use essential oils on our kids a lot. But, the night before her first day, we opened a letter from her teacher and read a poem about "jitter glitter". Adele was excited to sprinkle the glitter under her pillow before going to sleep...however, not more than 5 minutes later she looked at me and said "Mommy, I just don't understand how this jitter glitter is supposed to help me sleep! Can you just go get my oils instead?"

-A few days into the first week, Adele told me about a girl who speaks no English. I asked her what she spoke, and she answered confidently, "Nicaraguan!"

-Adele is in afternoon Pre-K, which has meant she has totally given up naps. One day after school Henry was bugging her in the car. I told him to stop because she was crabby, and she chimed in "Yeah I've had a long day with school and dance class and church and I DIDN'T get a nap today so I'm crabby!"

-Adele's deep thoughts: one day she was sitting on the toilet doing her business, and she told me "it's too bad poop is brown. If it was pink or purple I would want to poop all day!"

-And a glimpse into Henry's world: he was attempting to sing the ABCs (fairly successfully, much to my surprise), so I tried singing other kid songs with him. We were NOT successful until we came across some of his favorites - "Frosty the Snowman" and "Let It Go."

Silly kids. :)


2 comments:

  1. Glad you started your blogs again. Keep them coming! Jean Ladd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Keep the blogs coming! I love reading them and catching up. :)

    LOVE the Adele jitter glitter comment. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete