Someday I want to be able to decorate my house according to seasons/holidays better. More grown up. I want to be crafty and have my house all decked out for things like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even Easter.
But for now, I have an almost-5-year old and a 2 1/2 year old. I want them to learn about the wonders of being crafty and discover their own creativity inside them.
So now, when I "decorate" for seasons and holidays, it has my kids' handprints all over the decorations.
As Adele is enjoying all things school right now, she doesn't exactly need help discovering her own creativity - she just simply needs opportunity to enjoy and practice being creative and crafty.
This year for Fall Break, I wanted the kids to enjoy having some extra time at home. I wanted it to be a little different than a weekend, and since it was going to be 4 full days, I also didn't want to go crazy myself.
So we took outings, read numerous books, baked pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread, and did some fun fall crafts.
Painting leaves!
Fall trees and paper pumpkins!
Spiders to decorate the house!
I suppose, of course, once my kids are older and I decorate my house in a more grown up way for seasons and holidays...I am quite certain that I will miss these days of doing fun crafts with my little kids!
And if any of you have kids who like Curious George and you also have Netflix, you should check out the Curious George special "Halloween Boo." It has become my kids' favorite thing to watch this fall, and here is David re-enacting "No Noggin'".




Hahaha. so fun!
ReplyDelete