Thursday, July 26, 2012

4 months!

So I've totally skipped over our entire week in Oklahoma and am now blogging from Washington. I will have a few posts about our short (but hectic) time there and thoughts on flying with two kids (by myself).

But for now - my baby is 4 months old! Let's all breathe a quick sigh of relief that he has reached a new bracket in which SIDS is a much smaller risk.

Henry had a doctor's appointment this week and he is in the 90% for weight, clocking in at 16 lbs. 8 oz., and is in the 95% for height. Because of these higher numbers, we've also already switched out his clothes to 6-9 month outfits.

Henry is rolling over any time I set him on the ground, lifting himself up on his stomach great, and is super interactive. His new favorite activity is jumping up and down on someone's lap as they bounce him.

Henry has also started to show some more signs of needing me to be close by, or sometimes just in my arms as opposed to someone else's arms. While I'm flattered, I've been talking to him about being accepting of others who are simply looking to love on him.

He also loves those slobbery open-mouth kisses. I try my best to only let him plant those on my chin, but he seems to prefer going straight for my mouth.

Henry also does fairly well at night - usually giving me at least a 7-hour stretch. If only I went to sleep when he did so I could enjoy 7 hours uninterrupted....

The sad news is that he is most likely finished with his bassinet. :( We are in Spokane for a few weeks and I didn't bring the bassinet with me, which means by the time we get back it may be time for crib sleeping. Another sign my sweet little (chubby) boy is growing up.

Love you Henry!


1 comment: