Monday, May 28, 2012

Adele-isms

I can't help it - I need to post some more Adele stories. She is so cute and funny these days!

-Lately she has been really into saying the word sure. "Will you get me brother's paci Adele?" "I sure will!" "Do you like this food Adele?" "I sure do!" Going into bed at night - "It sure is dark!"


-Adele also likes the word beautiful. She'll call her pillow "my beautiful pillow" and her new bed "my beautiful new bed". Today she saw herself in the mirror and said "I yook beautiful!"

-The other day she had some chocolate milk and said "My tummy says nummy!"

-Adele is great at counting...but now gets stuck in 14. Thing is, it sounds like this: "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, firteen, farting, farting, farting, farting, farting..." etc.

-She likes hiccuping and gets a giggle-smile on her face and says "Dat was my hick-cups!" after each one.

-Adele and David were out looking at birds with binoculars and he took hers inside. When she realized, she said (yelled) "Daddy took my knockers! I need my knockers!" (This was without any prompting to call them that - I promise!)

-Adele is also into bodily noises and is starting to sort of figure them out. Sort of. When her stomach makes noise, she'll say "Dat was my tummy. It was burping!"

-Along with the bodily noises, she's very interested in the bathroom. In a small dollhouse, I heard her telling a Mickey figurine "you sit right here and poop" as she placed him on the toilet.

-Last night I had put her to bed and later went in to get Henry's bassinet. I saw her sitting up in her bed and she said "Hi Mommy, I just in here passing gas". She told me she needed to go potty, so I put her on the toilet. After a few toots ("dat was my poop Mommy!"), I was putting a diaper back on her and said "Adele after I put your diaper back on it's time for you to get back in bed and go to sleep" and she responded "And pass gas!" So I said, "sure". I put her back in her bed and told her she needed to go to sleep and she replied emphatically "and pass gas!!" I tried to hold back my laughter.

2 comments:

  1. You SURE are killing me with these stories! They're so funny I think I passed some gas while my belly laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing Adele stories. Let me know if you want me to share my Sarah stories.

    I love you...

    ReplyDelete