Thursday, May 17, 2012

Things I Like: hanging clothes outside

One more installment of my Things I Like series...for now.

I really enjoy hanging up our clothes outside to dry. Especially when the line is filled with my kids' cute clothes:


Here's my shameless plug for the environment: it is SO easy to hang clothes up outside. We didn't hook up our dryer until January, and only used it a few times when the weather wouldn't cooperate. Such an easy way to save energy and keep our electricity bill down.

It takes maybe 15 minutes of my time to hang everything up, and maybe 3 minutes to take it down and bring it inside to fold. And with the sun that we have here, I think that most days the clothes dry faster outside than they would in a machine!

Added bonuses: it gets me outside in the fresh air, and Adele LOVES to "help" hang up clothes and rip them off the line when they're dry. She loves to be outside, so it's one easy way to get her outside while I am still working my way through my to-do list for the day. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I love to do the same thing. Mark built me a beautiful clotheslines and I hang almost all of our clothes out there although they are grownup clothes so not so cute. When I take them down I put my face in them and inhale deeply. Mm,mm.
    Linda Tigges

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question is, do you iron them all afterwards like a good tica? :-) Once again, you put the rest of us to shame. Thanks for the inspiration to get my act together this summer!

    ReplyDelete