Tuesday, July 10, 2012

If my kids were monkeys...

When I was pregnant with Adele, we were still living in Costa Rica. We called our families to tell them the good news, and when we were talking to our nieces and nephews, we asked "guess what we'll be bringing home for Christmas this year!" Our nephew Gabriel, who was three at the time, guessed excitedly "a monkey??" 

Sometimes I think that's exactly what we did. 

I love monkeys. Always have. So it should be no surprise that I would not only compare my kids to monkeys, but also go through the process of figuring out just what kind of monkey I think they are.

Today we went to The Little Gym, where my sister Rachel works. Adele thrives at The Little Gym. She loves being around lots of other kids, follows instructions well, and absolutely loves to do gymnastics. She spends her time in class running around, going from the balance beam to the uneven bars to open areas where she can do continuous somersaults. 

I think Adele is a squirrel monkey. A super cute, acrobatic, playful, and petite monkey. 

   A squirrel monkey in Costa Rica


Adele at The Little Gym


On the other hand, I think Henry is a howler monkey. Not as active, not as acrobatic, and well....chubby

A howler monkey in Costa Rica
Mantled howler monkey

Henry hanging out


My kids are the cutest little monkeys around.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Sarah! I am Paula, I worked at the University in San Gerardo teaching Spanish. It was a great experience. I am very happy to see that God has blessed you both with gorgeous kids. I love this page and enjoyed a lot reading your blog. Say hi to David for me, take care!

    ReplyDelete