So Costa Rica has 4 species of monkeys. Originally when I figured out what monkey species would best fit my kids, it was also obvious that my sister Emily's kids fit very well with the other two species of monkeys in Costa Rica.
It doesn't exactly seem right to blog about someone else's kids being monkeys without their permission...so I got the a-ok from my sister.
I present to you my thoughts on her kids:
Like I said, Adele is a little squirrel monkey because she is tiny, petite, and acrobatic. Kennedy, my niece who is almost 6 months old, also has acrobatic skills. The girl can play for a long time on the activity mat or bouncer. And not just play. She has her legs wrapped up around anything she can reach and is never in the same position Emily left her in. Plus, she has long limbs.
I think Kennedy is a spider monkey. A long-limbed acrobatic monkey.
A spider monkey in Costa Rica
On the other hand, my nephew Ash is a white-faced capuchin. Not totally sure if his personality matches up with this particular monkey, but this picture says it all:
A white-faced capuchin in Costa Rica

Ash at The Little Gym
Anyone else want me to figure out what species of monkey your kid might be? :)


Thanks for your offer. I most certainly would like you to figure out what species my children would be. I understand why they might not be monkeys, but other examples of the animal kingdom. I look forward to hearing from you!
ReplyDelete