Monday, August 6, 2012

8 years!

8 years ago, I married my best friend, the love of my life.


For a long time, probably even a couple years after my wedding day, I thought I could never be more in love than on my wedding day. Oh, I knew we would grow in love, and our love would mature. But weddings are magical. David and I will probably never look that good in our lives ever again! And being in front of our family and friends, cementing our love with vows, and celebrating with loved ones afterward...magical. I thought my heart would burst that day 8 years ago. I was young and in love, sad and a bit nervous to be leaving my family, excited and wide-eyed to be joining with David as our own family. 

Over the next couple of years David and I naturally grew even closer together in both our friendship and our marriage. But I still often thought about our wedding day. That feeling I had on our wedding day was indescribable. Simply put, I was so in love

I realize now how naive I was. I agree with the fact that my wedding was magical. And that I was truly in love. 

But not the most in love I ever could be.

8 years later, and David and I have experienced a lot of life together. We've had some great adventures. And when he finishes my sentences, and reads my mind, and plans trips for vacation or to see our families, and cleans the kitchen, and gets Adele giggling harder than anyone can, and sends me a costly text from Nicaragua just to say he loves me...

I know that I love David more now than I ever knew I could 8 years ago. 

Here's to many more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment