Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Olympics

I love the Olympics.

I haven't watched any Olympics since 2004 - the two Olympics in between, I was out of the country and it wasn't showing on our tv.

I loved watching the Olympics growing up. Gymnastics and swimming were among my favorite sports. I simply adored Mary Lou Retton. And one time for school I had to choose someone famous to research, and I chose Janet Evans.


If I had my choice, I'd watch the Olympics all day and night. I still enjoy swimming and gymnastics, although I really love watching volleyball, beach volleyball, and track and field.

Some days Henry has woken up earlier than he should and I've been able to watch some events in the early morning hours. Sometimes I take advantage of the times both kids are sleeping and sneak in more events instead of doing laundry or picking up.

But this year I don't have much of a choice in the evening. If the tv is on, Adele thinks we are supposed to be watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. And if I wait until she goes to bed, I'm usually exhausted and can only watch a few events before giving in and going to bed myself.

Maybe in 4 years I'll be able to convince Adele to watch the Olympics with me. All day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment