It was a busy, crazy, fun-filled week of Christmas celebrations, bachelorette parties, pedicures, lots of good food, family time, and laughter.
At one point when we were out doing some last-minute shopping, it occurred to me. Rachel should be using the phrase "I'm the bride" as much as possible. Just like I love saying "Tis the season" for every situation from Thanksgiving through Christmas, those rules somehow seemed to fit for the bride leading up to her wedding.
Stuck in traffic? Wave a fist and yell "move, I'm the bride!"
In line at a store? Smile at everyone and say "I'm the bride".
Arriving at a party (that's probably for the bride anyway!)? exclaim "I'm the bride!
Got a busy, full calendar? Shrug shoulders and sigh "I'm the bride."
Listening to another love song on the radio? Wipe away tears and sniffle "I'm the bride!"
See some great sales and spending too much money? Justify it by saying "I'm the bride!"
Tired from not enough sleep? Make a cup of coffee and say "I'm the bride".
House a mess and fiance starting to get nervous (and hope it's different when you live together after the wedding)? Smile sweetly and tell him "I'm the bride!"
Rachel's too nice to want any added attention to herself, but oh if only I were a bride again...I would totally do this!
And major props to my sister, who rarely got the credit she deserved for being responsible or even capable of most things without help growing up (she was, of course, the baby), she pulled off a beautiful wedding. And looked just like we knew she would - the most gorgeous and stunning bride, who made the rest of us completely and utterly jealous. :)
Here are some pictures of the big day:
Wedding day coffee with the girls! (big sis Emily, me, youngest sis Rachel, younger sis Katie, Adele, and Mom)
Getting my hair did
Pre-wedding dancing practice
The beautiful bride!
Sisters! And Henry, who can't take his eyes off his beautiful Aunt Rachel.
Three good looking men! David with ringbearer Ash and the adorable Henry
Cue "Can't you feeeeeel the looove toniiiiiight"
Mr. and Mrs. Robison!
Adele with her sucker after being an excellent flower girl
Daddy-daughter dance (all together now "awww")
Reception dancing (good thing they practiced!)











No comments:
Post a Comment