Well enough is enough. I've got my priorities figured out now. Who needs a clean house anyway?
So I've got a few blogs I've been storing up that I'll hopefully post throughout this next week.
I'm backing up all the way to Christmas now.
I love Christmas. We were all about traditions growing up. Christmas Eve service, singing "Silent Night" by candlelight, stopping by McDonald's on the way to my Grandma Darlene's house for Christmas with my mom's side, watching old Christmas movies, sleeping in the same room as my sisters, early morning Christmas presents followed by morning naps, and Christmas Day in Pella with my dad's side.
Our traditions have evolved and changed over the years.
My Grandma Darlene passed away a number of years ago, so we now get together with my mom's side of the family for an evening sometime during the week of Christmas. Our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with the Gosselinks doesn't even always fall on Dec. 24th and 25th anymore since some of us are married and have another family to split Christmases with. McDonald's is no longer part of the tradition. (Christmas Day naps usually still are.) Instead of a family of 6 of us Gosselinks, our family has grown into 14 of us celebrating this year.
My sister Katie wrote a blog you should check out. It's beautifully written all about family, and rather than attempting to write one similar in nature, I will direct you to hers instead.
http://msriddikulus.blogspot.com/2013/01/i-love-this-family.html


No comments:
Post a Comment