There are a lot of things I like in the world, so I decided to sporadically blog about them. Today's installment is Things I Like: care packages. Fitting, because I received one today.
Care packages are wonderful. They bring so much joy to my life. Who doesn't like to go get the mail and be overjoyed when there is a box sitting outside??
I loved care packages in college. It usually meant there was something from home - something that brought a smile to my face, that reminded me someone loved me.
I loved care packages when we lived in Costa Rica. This was often a birthday or Christmas gift, or something we were in need of that we couldn't find in Costa Rica.
I love care packages here in Oklahoma. These often mean gifts for my kids. I admit, I get just as much joy (if not more) than my kids do out of helping them open a package.
Today's care package was special and unique, and jumped to the top of my list of Things I Like. It was a care package from Costa Rica.
My dear friend Laura Barnard sent me a gift for Henry. The clothes are adorable. But what made the care package even more special and unique is the fact that she filled the box with goodies from Costa Rica. It seems backward, since care packages usually come from home when you're out of the country. But since Costa Rica was our home for four years, the care package truly felt like it was coming from home. The box was filled with coffee, cookies, and all sorts of treats that we can't find here in the U.S.
Now THAT is a good care package.
i spy chikys in there...yum!
ReplyDeleteYEAH! So glad it arrived. And at the top of the list with getting care packages is sending one... the waiting for it to arrive at its destination part kinda stinks, but it's worthwhile when you get a whole blog-version thank-you note. :-)
ReplyDelete