Friday, June 8, 2012

Spokane recap

I'm slacking from my post-every-other-day schedule I had been keeping! We have been busy, and here's recap of what each of us have been up to while in Spokane.


David: He has been busy preparing for his summer research, which will take place in Nicaragua as he will chase parrots all over the country for 2 months. He has spent some of his preparation time by stalking the website steepandcheap.com in order to find good deals on items that might be of use this summer. David has also spent his preparation time by chasing Adele around in anticipation of his parrot chase.

Me: I have been enlightened by the Anne of Green Gables series and have now watched all 13+ hours of the movies. I have also tried to keep up on our laundry (I didn't pack so great for all of us - apparently not everywhere in the country has 90-95 degree weather in May/June like Oklahoma). Mostly I have been absorbing all information I can about essential oils, which have already changed my life and will continue to do so as I learn more ways to utilize them in our daily routines.

Adele: She spends her days getting full attention from her Nanny and Popa, as she plays with toys, drinks "coffee", and watches and sings along to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. On a regular basis she visits her cousins down the street, where she jumps on their trampoline, has sleepovers, joins in the ruckus and quarrels over toys, and gives/gets lots of hugs.

Henry: He sleeps a lot, eats a lot, and poops a lot. Although, more exciting activities have been added to his daily routine - he now smiles a ton, lets out little giggles, and is doing the most adorable cooing.

We have all truly enjoyed our time here as we have been soaking up the time with family, loving being able to sit around, share meals together, play games, and share in each others' lives. We also have been able to have great visits with extended family and friends in the area, and we are thankful for the love and support we have here.

 Adele, enjoying a snack and a show with cousins Hannah and Benjamin

Adele helping Daddy and Popa outside

Henry and Nanny got the memo of wearing all navy blue one day

All smiles for Henry!

Adele and Benjamin painting together

Another long road trip? Bring it on. Next stop: Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment