Thursday, June 28, 2012

More Adele-isms

I've been collecting more Adele-isms to share. She is such a hoot! I've been asked on more than one occasion, "do you just laugh all the time at her?" The answer to that is...almost all the time. I mean, she is still 2 1/2. Which means she can have real moments of toddler-esque behavior.

Good thing she has many more funny moments than toddler moments!

-Adele talks about the sun "waking up" and "going to sleep". One time when it was behind the clouds I asked her where the sun was and she said "behind the clouds. Taking a nap." Another time it was behind the clouds I asked her what it was doing and she told me it was "eating dinner."

-Henry was crying and Adele went over and told him "it's ok broder it's just me. No monsters are coming!"

-On the drive from Spokane to Iowa Adele was watching some movies. She loves Madagascar 2 so we put in the first Madagascar for her to watch for the first time. She didn't get into it that much. The next day we were still on the road and I asked her what she wanted to watch and she said "um, proby not Madagascar."

-I asked Adele how old she was and she said "Four". So I asked her how old Henry is and she said "Four". So I asked her how old I was and she said "Two". Then I asked her how old Sophie is (my parents' dog) and she said "Six". Finally I asked her how old Grandpa is and she said "um, I don't know!" She must be able to recognize that she can't count that high...

-One time both kids were crying and Adele leaned over to Henry and said (in the midst of her own tears) "it's ok baby broder (hic) I right here (hic) don't cry (hic)".

-One day Adele and Grandma were playing in the living room and Grandma said to me "Quick get a kleenex there's a bug!" I came in the room and saw it was just an earwig, so I called Adele over. Much to my mother's surprise, Adele simply said "I got it!" and proceeded to pick it up and carry it outside. She threw it in the bushes and said "I saved it!" And that's how we deal with bugs in our house.

-One of Adele's favorite Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes is one where Goofy is sick and keeps sneezing really loudly. The other night we were up in her room getting ready for bed and she heard Grandpa sneeze really loud. She exclaimed to me "Grandpa sneezes like Goofy!"

-One night Adele was really trying to stall going to sleep. At one point she called me up to the room and told me "Mommy, I think I pooped." I checked and there was nothing so I told her, "I don't think you did". And she said again, "No, I think I did Mommy!" So I asked her if she needed to go potty. We went into the toilet, took off her diaper and I told her again "I don't think you pooped Adele." I showed her the empty diaper, and she looked surprised and said "My poop is gone! It's hiding."

-A continuation of the same night of stalling sleep time - Adele called me up and she had a baby with its clothes off. She told me the baby had pooped and she needed to change her. I told her there was no more getting out of bed and she needed to go to sleep, so she proceeded to wail "but Mommy, my baby pooooooped. I need to chaaaaaange her!"

-Adele woke up one morning and popped up in her bed, looked at me, and said "Hi Mommy. Shall we get up?"

-And finally one for our Oklahoma friends - Adele has lately been into saying "ya" instead of "you". So she'll ask me things like "What can I draw fer ya?"

Love that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment