Well we made it back to Norman. All of us.
That's right, David is home!
Adele and Henry and I flew back in on Wednesday night. It was a great couple of flights again - no screaming kids for me! And it's a good thing my kiddos are cute, because I had one on a leash. With Henry in the moby wrap and my hands full of kid things and a computer and important documents, Adele got to wear a bear backpack. Complete with a tail, which I held onto.
I don't plan on writing a blog about kids and leashes, but I'll say this quick. I will do whatever it takes to keep my kids safe. And rather than trying to hold her hand through the airports, I held her bear's tail. And she was pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.
Anyway, David is home!
So the kids and I got back late Wednesday night and made it out to the house we are staying at. It's a friend's house, a house we've never been to, in the countryside, and our friends are on vacation. It was sort of spooky. At least for Adele. (And maybe me, a little.)
So after a day and a half of running errands and hanging out in Norman, the time had come to go the airport to pick up David. Adele and I "argued" on the way there about who was going to hug and kiss him first, and when we got there we "argued" over who would spot him first coming through the doors. Adele may not have spotted him first, but she beat me to him and gave him a big hug before I could get to him.
We have spent the day today catching up, and Adele has recapped our time in Iowa and Washington by telling Daddy all about her scrapes and bruises she got. You know, the important things he missed. And David has been both sleepy-eyed from travels and wide-eyed from a bit of culture shock, trying to fit in all over again.
We now have a lot to do this next week. David starts classes on Monday, and we close on our house Friday and move in next weekend.
But the chaos no longer matters. David is home!
Our world is once again complete.
I am so happy for you. much love to all of you
ReplyDelete